Thursday, December 04, 2008

Four for four with the Boston Globe

Sent the Boston Globe the anecdote about what happened at CVS. I got the following email at 2pm.

Hello,

We received your "Tales from the City" submission and are considering publishing it in an upcoming issue of the Boston Globe Magazine.

That means I have sent in four anecdotes for "Tales from the City" and all four have been accepted.

Sadly, I only have one of those linked to on my blog. The one from the Boston Red Sox.
Red Sox

I got one in about Kelly's Roast Beef back in May 2007

When I was a child nothing meant summer to me more than Revere Beach, and lunch at Kelly's. I am now one of the lucky ones. I own a home on Revere Beach, just a few short steps from Kelly's.

After the moving men left, I rushed away from my boxes to be emptied and ran, not walked to Kelly's for a long awaited sandwich. Not that it is not possible to have a Kelly's Roast Beef sandwich anywhere. They just taste better with the ocean in the background, and seagulls fighting over the last frenchfry.

As I walked away from the stand, I turned and asked the young man behind the counter what the stands hours were.

"All of them,' he groaned ' all of them!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment, come back any time. Bring friends.

Just the fur, no beach

    follow me on Twitter