Tuesday, April 07, 2009

To Sargent Myers and his family, my thanks, my respect

My heart goes out to the family of Sargent Myers. His wife was the first to be asked, if she was willing to grant the press, and thus the public permission to witness her husband's return to Dover AFB. She said yes.

For that I salute you twice, for your loss, and your willingness to share it with us.

The first President Bush banned the press, and since they are our eyes us, from witnessing the dead returning to America during the first Gulf War. The second Bush returned the ban. Many commenter's have suggested not allowing the public. to see the dead returning from war prevents an understanding of the toll of war. I have had to search for news of the death toll, not because I like watching death. Because not acknowledging these deaths, does not respect the sacrifice these people have made.


I am saddened at his death, for even though I never meet him, I know he died serving the country we both love. His sacrifice is greater than any I could ever give. Sir I hope your sacrifice was not, is not, in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment, come back any time. Bring friends.

Just the fur, no beach

    follow me on Twitter