Sunday, May 16, 2010

I guess I am not the only one who fondly remembers the basement

Just heard about a new documentary that remembers Filene's Basement. The Herald on Thursday ran a story about Psychologist Susan Edbrill, who's Grandfather worked the basement for 35 years. Who, working with local film maker Michael Bavaro created a project that brings back a little bit of the magic. Voices from the basement

The film was shown last week, in a private screening, and they are now negotiating with PBS to show the film on television. As a long time lover of Filene's in general I can't wait to see this film. Returning to Filene's and shopping the basement were among the first things I checked off on my to do list after returning to the city.


The films web site Voices from the basement has links to the trailer and a page where people can send in their own Filene's Basement memories. Oh I'll be sending in quite a few memories myself.

Send your Filene's Basement memories to:

voices@voicesfromthebasement.com

My favorite memory, well for those of you who have seen me at conventions, that lovely mermaid dress, was a five dollar basement find.


There is also a mailing list I wonder if enough people join the mailing list, we could arrange a showing of our own. bargains@voicesfromthebasement.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment, come back any time. Bring friends.

Just the fur, no beach

    follow me on Twitter