Thursday, February 14, 2008

Tiny bubbles

Tiny bubbles
In the house.
Makes me happy,
and the birds grouse.

Ok so that does not rhyme very well, but you get the idea. The last of the dampness is going away, mostly the rugs took care of it all. The sump pump has cleaned out the area below the water line. Every thing is high and dry, or drying out. I turned up the heat a bit to help with the drying. My rugs are just rag rugs from Ikea, so they went into the washing machine this morning. As they come out, back on the floor they will go.

Arg! I am so tired of morning television, the morning news shows are going on and on about the hunt for mr right now. I had to turn it off. Lets hope public radio gets a little better.


So con_brat was hysterical yesterday. She kept running around saying "Time to evacuate", and I kept looking at her and laughing. The floor is damp, we never had more than an inch of standing water anywhere, but she was ready. Ready to move all the animals upstairs, or out to the car. Ready to evacuate, for me to spend a night in a hotel. Silly kid.

She went home about 8pm, after reminding me more than once that she is on school vacation next week. She wants to go with me when I take Byron to the vets for his annual physical. She wants to be either a vet or a vet tech. Well she wants to be a vet, but is concerned about the expense.

We had the funniest conversation about that a while ago. She is researching scholarships already, both for exam high schools, and colleges. con_brat wanted to know what scholarships I applied for, and which ones I received. I told her I applied for none, and for the most part, my former husband and I paid for my education. (well for about 5 years the company I worked for paid a big chunk of the bill) She was surprised that I did not get any scholarships because I was in her words "So smart"! I had to explain that with scholarships you need parents who are willing to fill out financial papers stating you 'need' the money. And my parents were not willing to do that, so I never applied for any scholarships.

The sump pump is bubbling again, doing battle with the last of the water. Speaking of water, I should run to Home Depot, and get a new hose, the one running through the front year and across the front fence has a crack in it. My neighbor likes to run over it, and while it should stand up to the occasional drive over, I think I have to protect it better. And I need a new connector between the two hoses.

Ah being a home owner, the fun never ends. I would not have it any other way.



water on the floor

Down in the lower left corner you can see my favorite puppy's tail. Yes where there is a camera, you can find the Byron.

See

byron wet

Hum he run outside in the rain, took him a long time to get dry. He did soak up some of the water on the floor.

He is sound asleep on his favorite sleep rug, I washed and dried it first thing this morning so he would have it back. How darn cute is he?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment, come back any time. Bring friends.

Just the fur, no beach

    follow me on Twitter