Saturday, February 09, 2008

Oh the places I use to go

Oh the places I use to go
I have been enjoying the wonderful photography of sushis, as she posts some of the wonderful pictures she has taken over on her blog. They always make me think about how few pictures I have from the last 20 years. Most of the pictures, hell all of the pictures, that were taken during my 20 year marriage were destroyed.

So I have nothing, of my history. Just a few pictures that pop up every once in a while. Pictures that I did not know I had. Those few pictures, and the pictures I see from sushis, and many of you, make me wish for the pictures I once had. The ones I have lost, and will never have again. Because of stupid lupus, the memories are mostly faded or out right gone. So the pictures, well now I have nothing.

And I love pictures, just love them, big photo albums worth, full of labels and memories. Scrapbooks of my life and times. All gone away. I'll never replace the personal pictures, the ones of friends and family. Group poses and the good times they represent. Some how looking at photo collection sites and down loading pictures is just not the same. I don't get an emotional response from just looking.

Yet, when I look at pictures, of places I have been, a picture taken by someone I know, then the connection is made. Some where, a door opens, a connection is made, a memory floods back. If only for that moment.

So I have a favor to ask of you my friends, a special favor. Can I borrow some of your memories, your histories? Can I borrow your photographs? Have you been to the places I once was, and might never be again. Can I look through your memories, and use them as mine? Can I use your photos to create scrapbooks and photo albums of places I once was? Can you email them to me? I love that I am getting huge numbers on this poll, but could you tell me WHO it taking it? Sorry I'm an idiot some times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment, come back any time. Bring friends.

Just the fur, no beach

    follow me on Twitter