Wednesday, October 15, 2008

From then until now - blog action day

Today, I have an annual income that is half of what I use to make. What I use to make is about a third of the annual income of what my former husband and I made together.

I look at how my medical bills are eating me alive and wonder how people who make less than I do, or who have larger families or greater medical expenses than I do survive.

Yet, I can't complain all that much. Because despite my reduced standard of living I am still rich in comparison to the rest of the world. I am still living much better than most of the world.

I have food to eat, a roof over my head (at least until my medical bills ruin me). I have electricity, access to the internet. More than most people I would be considered well off. I don't feel very well off, mostly because I remember when I was well off. Today I have to worry about paying my bills. Not because I am a big spender, my biggest extravagance would be my love of used book stores. No, the expense that is taking me down is my health.

The same reason I am single is the reason I am poor. Well poor in that I am having a hard time making ends meet.


Still, in many ways, I am rich.
************


How rich are you? >>


I'm loaded.
It's official.
I'm the 359,597,702 richest person on earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment, come back any time. Bring friends.

Just the fur, no beach

    follow me on Twitter