Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm oddly okay with this

Oddly ok, I have been a Sox fan since I was born. 50 years and counting. My first game was in the early 60's, they lost. They lost a lot back then.

Just like they are doing tonight, leaving lots of guys on base, but screwing up the easy plays. Letting people steal bases and just watching as did so. Looking at the green monster expecting it to grow a glove and catch the ball for them.

I understand this team, this is the kind of playing I grew up with. This is the kind of team that breaks your heart, and makes you come back for more. The guys who pull defeat from the jaws of victory. My team.

I am okay with a loss tonight, I am okay with not getting back to back World Series wins.

Mostly, I am okay with the collapse. Sure I want to see my team win, but not if they don't deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment, come back any time. Bring friends.

Just the fur, no beach

    follow me on Twitter