Thursday, November 06, 2008

Lost Boston

Been having interesting conversations with some of the members of the boston lj community. I was saddened and felt a bit sorry for some of the people. They had no idea of who they were or where they came from.

I tried to explain to one person how important it is to know your history. To wonder about the person who first moved to the place you call home. I think most of them people in the community don't care about their roots, because they don't realize they have a history.

A person who moves to a new place and does not set down roots becomes lost and not seeing their past, looses sight of the future.

So if you read this today, think about your roots, the person or people who brought you to the place you are today. Did you move far from home, and made a new home? Are you homeless, even though you have a roof over your head?

I started looking through my library, at my large collection of books about Boston. Lost Boston is a book about buildings which were knocked down, or remodeled out of existence.

Through out the book there are many interesting quotes about Boston, quotes I started writing down because they are so interesting. Some are funny, others sweet. I started searching for other quotes about Boston. Not much luck, except for the old 'Boston humor' stuff. I just might end up making a list on my own.

Looks like I'll need a new blog, or web page for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment, come back any time. Bring friends.

Just the fur, no beach

    follow me on Twitter