Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Stumbled on an interesting article while web surfing today.

Stumbled on an interesting article while web surfing today. Yes by all means, bring back the trains. Turn bike paths back into train tracks. Get cars off the road when ever possible. We can do this. I prefer to travel by train or subway when ever I can.

bring back freight trains

Had to send that one to my Dad, he is a major train guy. His father, my grandfather drove a freight train.

My townie roots got deep, my Dad was a welder, his father a train engineer, his father a teamster and his father - my great great grandfather was a dock man. Each generation taking a small step up the ladder.

One of the guys in my writing group, who is from Wisconsin of all places, is firmly a townie now. He realized last week he gives directions via buildings that use to be there. And takes the back roads when ever possible, just because. Boston, it's his home now.

3 comments:

  1. I like that- giving directions based on buildings that are gone. Ha! Guess that shows someone really knows the area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It embarrassed the heck out of Chad. We were discussing how to get to your place and both used buildings that were not there any longer. To me it's natural. To him it was odd, then made sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I prefer to travel by train or subway when ever I can." I'm with you 100% Fibro--call me old fashioned, but I like trains. Train rides make me feel like I'm actually traveling.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment, come back any time. Bring friends.

Just the fur, no beach

    follow me on Twitter