Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I am thinking of adding to the zoo

Yes so much for my promise that I would not add any more pets. I saw this large bird Cracker on pet finder. He is an 18 year old male blue and gold Macaw. I talked it over with Figment and he agreed to go with me to the ASPCA and look at the bird.

Went over this morning and hung out for a while. His parents wanted me to drive to a furniture store and pick up a bureau they had purchased, but we ran out of time. We got to to the ASPCA well before we were scheduled to. They were swamped with people some giving up their pets, others looking to adopt. There was a cute pitbull named Cosby being test walked by a large family. I hope they decide to adopt him. He was so cute, Figment wanted to take him home right there. Good thing he can't take any more animals home, or between the two of us we would have emptied out the building.

So we waited until someone was free to take us to the back room. First we went to the bird room and looked at Tuki a real sweet hand raised Cockatoo. I said I would that if Cracker did not bond with me, I would think about Tuki, but apparently I am not the only person visiting Tuki. Cracker on the other hand, has no one asking for him. So if I can get Cracker to bond with us I might have a chance.

Stopped at CVS on the way home, I hate the donut hole part of my drug benefit. I paid 105 dollars for a 15 day supply of Lyrica. The store clerk is an idiot! She quoted me the price for a 30 day supply at two hundred and ten dollars. Then when I asked for a fifteen day supply she needed a caculator to tell me how much that would cost.

I told her I had already done the math and knew how much it would cost. Who can't devide 210 by 2 and get 105. Such an amazingly round number, and if you know your five tables, it almost solves itself. Unless your a store clerk at CVS.

Bumped into my neighbors, con_brat's grandmother and aunt. Had not seen them since I was hauled out in an ambulance. I just let them know I was mostly okay. June the grandmother said she could see I was still not well just by looking at my eyes. I did not want to say anything, but the reason my eyes looked so funny was less my pain and more my pain killer. I had taken my hydrocodone just before I left Boston.

Going to catch up on my friends list, watch the Red Sox game and call it an early night. Got to get up at 6:15 and take the room mate to his job. Sox are playing in a National league park, so no Designated Hitter tonight. Should be funny watching our pitchers try to hit the ball.

Picked up 3 pill organizers, since I take so many pills I got the ones for an entire week and relabeled the containers with times. I have a slot for 8am, 10am, noon, 1pm, 4pm, 8pm and 10pm. I hope to never ever make the kind of mistake I made last week again!

1 comment:

Thanks for the comment, come back any time. Bring friends.

Just the fur, no beach

    follow me on Twitter