Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Book blogger appreciation week - the meme

Thanks to Boston Bibliophile , who posted this great meme from book blogger appreciation week. Had to do the same meme myself, as it gave me a chance to post something new on a week when I have not been very talkative. And plug one of my favorite blogs. If you want to do the meme your self. Let me know, and then jump over to http://www.bookbloggerappreciationweek.com/ to add your name to the list.


Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack? - Well I am more a snacker than an eater anyway. SO it might be the only food I eat that day.


Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of
writing in books horrify you?
If you must know, I write in all my books, got the habit in college and never stopped.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Big fan of the book mark, usually use a post it note. I use to just be able to close a book and remember what page I had stopped on. Darn lupus took that ability from me several years ago.

Laying the book flat open? Never! That could break the spine, and the dogs would most likely knock it over any way.


Fiction, Non-fiction, or both? Well my library is mostly non fiction. Heavy on the biography, autobiography. Love the subgenre of looking at small events that impacted history. Bubonic plague, typhus, volcanic eruptions.

Hard copy or audiobooks? Hard copy all the way, I can make notes in an audio book.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you
able to put a book down at any point?
I prefer to stop at the end of a chapter, but sometimes my body disagrees and I have to stop reading some where in the middle.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away? Well of course, not that it happens all that often. but when it does I find the meaning.

What are you currently reading? Just finished - Finding Oz: How L. Frank Baum Discovered the Great American Story. New York, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2009 Just an amazing book, I have to write a review.

What is the last book you bought? Well that might be a Muppet comic book. I have not purchased any new books this month.

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can
you read more than one at a time?
I have a couple of fiction collections that I read a story from each night before going to bed. Currently not reading anything else. I'm a bit brain damaged today.


Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read? On a nice warm day I love to sit outside and read.

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books? Depends on the author. I love anything Anne McCaffrey does.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over? Yes that would be Anne McCaffrey. I love everything she does. Also a huge fan of Bill Fawcett, his collections "How to loose a war" and "It looked good on paper" have given me hours of enjoyment.


How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?) With much love to the book organizing web pages Library thing and good reads, I have been able to keep track of my books. I shelve them by subject, and organize my subjects along the Dewey system. My fiction is set up by author, or by subject. Then things get organized by subject, with a shelf for Star Trek fiction, books about Star Trek and books by people who were attached to Star Trek in some way.

1 comment:

  1. :) Great answers. Thanks for the shout-out! :-) I love short stories for bedside reading. I keep a few anthologies on the nightstand for just that purpose.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment, come back any time. Bring friends.

Just the fur, no beach

    follow me on Twitter