Sunday, May 09, 2010

It's going to be that kind of a day

Woke up at 3:30 am because the emergency alarm went off. It did not get shut off until 3:55 am. Yet amazingly I went right back to sleep and woke up when my alarm went off at 8:30 am. Good thing because Byron was all ready to go out. Even he did not want to take a walk in this weather though. We went out on the back lawn, and as soon as he finished we were back inside.

Kitten is being silly today. I sprinkled some catnip on her scratching box and now she is having the time of her life.

Now me, I'm little Miss Distracted today. After returning from Byron morning constitutional I stood in the kitchen for a bit, trying to remember what I wanted in there. In a moment it came to me, I had not eaten breakfast yet. Reached into the fridge and noticed I was out of cold soda. So I went and got a new pack and stuck it in the fridge. Then remembered I had not eaten.

It occurred to me a moment after that I had not taken my morning medications yet. So I walked back into the kitchen to get some milk, and proceeded to do the dishes. Still no morning medications. Walked back into the living room with some chocolate milk, and sat down to turn on the computer, drank the milk. Do you see what is missing here?

Forgot to take my morning medications

Realized I had drank an entire glass of milk - yuck - and had not taken my medications, but at least I did eat my morning yogurt. Also yuck, but it's either yogurt or calcium pills.

And by which I mean I had not taken my morning medications.

Looked at the clock, it was just after 10 am, and remembered I had to do something urgently this morning. Grabbed the phone and called my Mother to wish her a happy Mothers Day. Got the machine, so they were either up and out of the house, or still sleeping. Who knows, their retired.

Realized at 10:30 am that I really should take my morning medications. Grabbed a Diet Dr. Pepper, because I refused to drink any more milk. Finally took my morning medications. I'm blogging about it only because if this is how my brain is working this morning, I'm going to forget I took them and try to take them again.

Or worse, drink more milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment, come back any time. Bring friends.

Just the fur, no beach

    follow me on Twitter