Monday, November 14, 2011

Open enrollment hates me

So I'm disabled and it's time to enroll in next years Medicare plan.  There is a new plan in Mass, it is charging a 0 premium. However, they are very limited in the doctors I can see and the pharmacy I can use. I can't use CVS or go to my regular doctors group.

My current provider has a phone system that makes me want to scream. I get bounced around every where. They don't have a nice website like the new plan and their phone lines are swamped. Now I could switch, save a bunch of money, but loose all my relationships.   I tried calling my medical group, Cambridge Health Alliance and asking for help. They just give me a 1-800 number to call. The person answering at that number gave me yet another 1-800 number to call.  Then I went online and tried the Medicare Insurance Plans web site, which is suppose to  review all the plans available.

They gave me a list of plans to check, and I started looking around. Trying to find out if my doctor's practice was on their list.  I have given up for the day, I'll start looking around again tomorrow.  I am just to stressed out after this morning to keep dialing my way to a frustrating day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment, come back any time. Bring friends.

Just the fur, no beach

    follow me on Twitter