Saturday, October 04, 2008

Byron the rescue pup


In the past I have joked about how when I bring feeder mice home for the reptiles, Byron tries to take the bag from me to rescue them. I was not kidding. Today I have photographic evidence.

I brought home 3 feeder mice in one box, I hate when the do that as opening and closing the box in between feeding each beast is a pain. It's also the only way to prevent Bryon the rescue pup, from being a rescue pup. As I was going from one pen to the other, I put the box into a red plastic bag. It only made it easier for him to grab the bag from me and run right out the doggy door to the back yard.

There he took the mouse from the box and did his best to convince the mouse to run away. First he brought the mouse next to his sleeping dug out, and tried digging a bigger hole. The mouse was to scared to move.

Next he tried to sheppard it toward the fence with gentle nudges of his paw. While I am sure he thought they were gentle, the mouse was being treated like a big rolling ball.

I grabbed my camera and took a quick picture as proof, that my dog a rescue himself is trying to return the favor to animals every where.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment, come back any time. Bring friends.

Just the fur, no beach

    follow me on Twitter