Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tuesday's Povo meeting

First I wondered why a meeting held in Boston offering free beer wine and snacks served non local beer, non local snacks. Not a Cape Cod chip or local brew in sight.

I felt the odd person out, in a room full of very young students and transplants I did not get a sense that many of them were planning on making the city a long term home. I would have liked to see more outreach to other bloggers. People who have been blogging longer, and have more history both personal and professional in the area.

For the next meet up I would suggest Povo invite -

Riba Rambles - interviewed about blogging for The Today Show

Downtown Lynn

Boston1775
Great writer who knows his history better than I do.

Massmoments

Well those are my top four Greater Boston bloggers, I am looking forward to the next get together.

As for the meeting location. It use to be the Pilgrim Theater. Now, it's just a big building with little soul and no heart. The essence of Chinatown, and much of my beloved home, is vanishing already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment, come back any time. Bring friends.

Just the fur, no beach

    follow me on Twitter