Friday, June 03, 2011

Batting clean up

I don't know why I did not do this sooner! When I went to my storage unit to get my summer clothing I also started opening some more boxes. I know I did a bit of that with koshmom, but I did not bring a lot of stuff back. When I found my favorite shirt, one that I thought was lost, it kick started my brain. I was missing my stuff, my books, my dolls, my stuff. So starting last week, I started bringing home my stuff. Now of course this apartment does not have even a quarter of the space my home had, but with a few careful nips here and there, it can. So I posted a few things on Craigslist, got one taker on the monster Kirby vacuum cleaner. I love the thing, but I takes up as much room as a chair. Room I don't have!!

I also took a look at what was around me, I realized I have empty boxes sitting on top of the kitchen cabinets. They can be tossed out, and a few of my Dept 56 houses can safely sit up there. Many of the dolls I have are pink box dolls that I can easily sell on Craigslist also. I am sure I can find buyers, I will not make back the price of the doll, but some one will enjoy them. I have been going through my clothing and weeding out stuff I don't fit into and stuff I don't wear any more. I mean really I'm 50, time to stop wearing mini skirts. I actually emptied out two drawers when I finished putting stuff away.

I hung a few more pictures, including one of my dad, and put up the shadow boxes of collectable Barbie and Ken clothing I have. I even put up a few things in the vast white space that is the bathroom.

Called my neighbor this morning and asked him to help me put together the three story wooden house I am using to display a lot of my dolls. With the top on it becomes a four shelf unit and I can put a lot more dolls on it. I also took down the empty boxes I put on top of the Ikea clothing rack and shelving unit and after measuring one of my Barbie houses from the storage unit realized I could set up a two story doll house.

I decided that I am going to get rid of dvd's I will not watch again, or books I don't have an interest in reading again. I brought a small box of DVD's down to the building library, which I am sure will be snapped up quickly. I also started a box for books I am going to put in that library also. I know I can't keep every thing, but with any luck and a bit of care, I can end up with a nice balance. I even found my clarinet!

I sat down to watch the game, when suddenly I had the urge to jump in the shower. Not sure why, I mean I usually shower before bed, not normally at 8 pm. But it was just so strong, it had the same urgency as a need to pee. Well during the second inning when the Sox were screwing up so badly I got up and took a nice long shower. I washed and conditioned my hair (which has not been washed in about a week and did kind of need it. I scrubbed and scrubbed until I started feeling clean. Purrball likes to watch me shower, I don't know why, but she tries to grab the water that hits the shower. When I step out of the shower she tries to steal my wet towel. She is just an odd duck my cat.


Bit by bit step by step. It will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment, come back any time. Bring friends.

Just the fur, no beach

    follow me on Twitter